Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sistas, was this sista at Walmart flirting with me and am I supposed to ask for her number?

So I know women aren't really supposed to ask a guy out so they kind of send signals, especially sistas. They're not as forward as white women. Anyways, my problem is I never know what IS and what ISN't a signal. So Anyways, I go up to this young black female cashier at Walmart who looks to be about my age. Mind you, I'm a 24 year old black male student wearing a leather jacket, 140 pounds, 5'9, with mocha light brown skin. Anyways, as she is checking out my things and I'm signing the credit card thingy she asks "Do you know who Miigail (or some name like) is?" I'm like "I do not!" She smiles, hesitates and goes never mind. I say "No, tell me, tell me!" She goes "He's a singer. He does a lot of R&B. He's sings [so and so]" I'm like "Oh." She's like "Yeah! You look like him! It's a good thing." I'm like "Oh, Ok phew! Because I was about to say. Haha!" She's like "No, no! It's a good thing." I'm like "Ok! Just as long as it's a good thing, I'm good. Hahahah!" She laughs. So she finishes checking me out and says "I'm just going to make sure and look him up." She says "It's a good thing, it's a good thing." And I laugh. As I walk away I look back laughingly and she's looking at me laughing as well. This is just normal small-talk people have right. She wasn't flirting or anything, was she?

0 comments:

Post a Comment