Saturday, January 14, 2012

Australians, Will You Join Me In a Toast To The Red Queen?

Ah, four slender votes shy of the requited 76 needed for majority rule, so it's the first hung parliament in some seven decades. And into this complex political scenario steps Julia Gillard of the Labor Party. I had to chuckle at your mention of the three independent MPs -- Bob Katter, Rob Oakeshott, and Tony Windsor -- in the same stanza, close-packed in consecutive lines no less, because of their insistence that they would engage in discussion as a bloc but vote separately. I loved what you did with Katter's silly looking white hat, making him the Mad Hatter, and even though I have less hair than Tony Windsor (which is saying something!) your permutation of the March Hare into March Hair made me chuckle. What can I say other than it is a very interesting scenario regardless of one's political persuasion. I wish I were better informed because there's probably a bit more I'm missing, but I'll catch up eventually... before another election! LOL Good work Libby.

0 comments:

Post a Comment